Located deep within the 107,000-acre Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve you’ll find the boutique oasis that is the Blancaneaux Lodge. The first of the three Family Coppola Resorts in Central America, this 20-room eco-friendly hotel offers it’s guests private luxurious thatched roof accommodations and resort amenities deep within the Belizean rainforest. You’ll enjoy the best in fine-dining, personalized service, and incredible natural beauty at this luxurious jungle resort, perfect for couples and families alike.
In 1981 Francis Ford Coppola visited Belize for the first time and came across the Blancaneaux Lodge, an abandoned hunting lodge. He jumped into the falls of the Privassion Creek and fell in love with the area, thinking it made the ideal property for family retreats and quiet writing. For the next dozen years the property was used for just that; then in 1993 they opened their doors to the public. Since then the Blancaneaux Lodge has become one of the most exclusive hotels in Belize featuring just 20 individual thatched roof cabanas and villas. Each private dwelling is decorated with local Mayan art, in-room safe, hair dryer, stocked mini-fridge, alarm clocks, espresso machines, and private bathrooms with local organic toiletries. While none of the rooms have air-conditioning, you’ll have no trouble sleeping between the thatched roof, ceiling fan and cool mountain breezes each night. Built in 2008, the Luxury Cabanas are the most popular rooms at the lodge featuring king beds, outdoor showers, and private plunge pools overlooking the Privassion Creek. For small groups or families there are six 2-bedroom villas featuring 1,600 sq. ft. of living space with open air living rooms and small kitchens all perched the water’s edge.
Guests at the Blancaneaux Lodge not only enjoy the eco-luxury accommodations but a list of amenities, activities and services to rival any hotel in Belize. Once a week guests can enjoy complimentary birdwatching tours and yoga. On a daily basis guests have complimentary use of mountain bikes, guitars, and board games. Cool off in the all-natural waterfalls and pools of the Privassion Creek or enjoy a cocktail in the infinity edge pool. For true pampering head down to the Waterfall Spa where you can enjoy the heated, adults-only pool or a treatment mere feet away from the falls of the creek. If you’re up for some adventure, be sure to visit their own horse stables and go for a ride through the lowlands of the Mayan Mountains or set up a tour to the nearby Mayan ruins. At the end of a long day enjoy a delicious meal at the Montagna Ristorante, featuring traditional Italian cuisine with a special focus on Coppola family recipes from their roots in the southern region of Basilicata, Italy. Besides being one of most exclusive properties in Western Belize, the Blancaneaux Lodge is also a leader in conservation and sustainability. The property receives nearly all of its power from the hydroelectric dam the Coppolas installed in 1993, with excess power used to heat the adult-only pool by the spa. The 3.5 acre organic garden supplies most of the fruit and vegetables used in the hotel’s two restaurants.
- Located deep in the Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve in Western Belize
- One of three Family Coppola Resorts in Central America
- 20 individual thatched roof villas and cabanas provide the ultimate in eco-luxury
- Luxury Cabanas feature king beds, outdoor showers, and private plunge pools
- Larger groups and families can enjoy private 2-bedroom villas
- All rooms feature private baths, safes, mini-fridge, and espresso machines
- Rooms are tastefully decorated with Mayan artwork and Belizean hardwoods
- Rooms do not have air conditioning but are cooled by mountain breezes and ceiling fans
- Continental breakfast included
- Fresh water infinity edge pool with bar service
- Open-air Waterfall Spa set on the banks of the Privassion Creek
- Adults-only, heated pool with waterfall
- Italian food at the Montagna Ristorante with traditional Coppal family recipes
- Horse stables on property with horseback riding tours
- Complimentary use of mountain bikes, guitars, and board games
- Complimentary birding tours and yoga session once per week
- Featured in magazines The Knot, bon appetit, Outside, and the LA Times