El Pescador Resort
El Pescador Resort
El Pescador was one of the first hotels to welcome guests to San Pedro back in September 1974. While it originally opened as a fly fishing lodge, and continues to be one of the top fly fishing resorts in the entire Caribbean, today it offers so much more than just fishing. The current owners, the Gentry Family, have been operating El Pescador since 1997 and have done a number of beautiful renovations and expansions to transform it from a fishing lodge to a beautiful beach hotel. The most recent of renovations came in 2014 to the 13 Deluxe Rooms located in the main lodge. Each Deluxe Room now offers two queen beds or one king bed plus sitting area, A/C, private bath with walk-in shower, minibar, and coffee maker. The eight 3-bedroom villas located on each side of the main hall are a wonderful option for families or small groups and feature A/C, living area with cable TV, fully equipped kitchen, and a balcony overlooking the pools out to the Caribbean.
El Pescador has managed to retain its authentic Belizean colonial feel and fly fishing prestige with all the amenities of a boutique resort. At El Pescador you’ll find three pools, exercise room, game room with pool table, sand volleyball court, bar, TV lounge, and beach-side massage service. There is also complimentary use of kayaks, paddle boards, and bicycles to easily get around San Pedro. In San Pedro you’ll find an abundance of local restaurants, nightlife, and shopping and a small casino is short walk away. Being an island destination make sure to spend a day (or everyday if you’d like) on or in the water snorkeling, diving, and fishing. The Mesoamerican Reef is less than a mile away so you can experience phenomenal snorkeling at the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and diving along the Mesoamerican Reef. El Pescador offers fly anglers a 400 sq mile fishery for the Grand Slam on the flats (bonefish, permit, tarpon), snook & tarpon in the lagoon, or reef fishing for grouper, snapper, jacks and barracuda. Land tours can be arranged to include golfing on a private island, cave tubing, zip-lines, and Mayan archaeological tours.
- Located on Ambergris Caye three miles north from the town of San Pedro
- Main lodge Deluxe Rooms come with one king or two queens, A/C, Wi-Fi, mini refrigerator, coffee maker, and safe
- 3-bedroom Villas feature A/C, Wi-Fi, fully equipped kitchen, living area, dining area, veranda with hammock, and outdoor shower.
- All inclusive packages available
- Three pools
- Restaurant specializes in fresh, local Caribbean cuisine
- Massage services available
- Exercise room
- Game room with pool table, lounge with TV, and bar
- Gift shop and fly shop
- Complimentary use kayaks, paddle boards, and bicycles
- Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge
- Travel+Leisure Hotel
- Top Ten Luxury Eco-Resorts by Forbes Traveler