Between the lush Maya Mountains and the clear turquoise waters of the Caribbean sits one of Belize’s most relaxing and intimate boutique resorts. Located in the quaint Garifuna beach town of Hopkins, Hamanasi Adventure & Dive Resort is an eco-friendly, luxurious hotel that has won numerous awards in the tourism industry for excellence and service. Whether you are an avid diver or snorkel, prefer adventure tours or Mayan ruins, or just want to unplug and get away to a Caribbean paradise this is the place for you!
With 25 rooms spread throughout 30 acres of coastal forest the, Hamanasi Resort combines luxury, service and amenities with seclusion, privacy, and relaxation. The eight Beachfront Rooms, aptly named as they are steps from the white sand, are furnished with either a king bed or two queens as well as a sofa sleeper. The two Beachfront Plus Rooms are ideal for small families or groups of friends as the main room features a king bed and the second room features two twin beds. Two spacious Beachfront Suites are ideal for honeymooners and couples as they feature a four post king bed, large sitting room, and a front porch with hammock. While the beachfront rooms are gorgeous, the most popular rooms at Hamanasi are actually the private treehouses scattered throughout the property. Each free-standing treehouse is raised 12-feet off the ground and is surrounded by palm trees, fruit trees, birds, and wild orchids. The eight Treehouses and five Deluxe Treehouses feature a king bed or two queen beds, a full size sofa sleeper, his and her bathrobes, and a large porch with chairs and a hammock. All rooms at Hamanasi feature A/C, private bathrooms, purified drinking water and hardwood furnishings and artwork from Central America. The rooms are not furnished with TVs or Wi-FI as the idea is to unplug and enjoy Mother Nature (there is a library with Wi-FI in the main Guest House for internet access).
There is much more to enjoy at the Hamanasi Adventure & Dive Resort outside of their elegant hotel rooms. The open-air Great House was modeled after an old plantation home and features the lobby and reception, gift shop, full bar, Singanga Restaurant, and library with movie room. For active guests there is complimentary use of kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, and bicycles to explore Hopkins town. For those looking to fully unplug, relax and enjoy an lounging in the freshwater pool, hammocks, or beach chairs with drink in hand. Another reason to love Hamanasi is their eco-friendly practices and involvement in the local community. Hamanasi has been a leader in preserving and restoring the environment as well as hiring and training local employees (95% of the hotel staff is Belizean). They are involved in several educational and conservation projects in Belize and encourage guests to help through Pack for a Purpose (ask us about it!).
Finally, one of the resort’s highlighting features that put Hamanasi on the map is their dive operation. Hamanasi is a 5-star PADI dive resort and features three dive boats (45’, 43’, 34’), a full line of rental gear, Nitrox, two compressors and one of the best dive teams around. With its strategic location from Hopkins, you can enjoy dives in Belize’s best dive locations including Glover’s Reef Atoll, Turneffe Islands, whale shark dives at the Gladden Split, and the famous Blue Hole (Lighthouse Reef Atoll). Local dives sites along the Mesoamerican Reef, night dives, and even lionfish spearfishing dives are also available. Whether you are a beginner, a pro, or just a snorkeler you’ll be in great hands with Hamanasi’s impressive marine equipment and experienced team.
- Located in Hopkins, a Garifuna village voted ‘friendliest town in Belize’
- 25 rooms spread throughout 30 acres
- 12 beachfront rooms and 13 private treehouses to cater to any style
- All rooms feature A/C, ceiling fans, and spacious bathrooms
- All meals included
- Freshwater infinity pool with beach chairs and towels
- Decadent Singanga Restaurant
- Full bar with daily happy hour specials
- Spa services available (massage, manicure, and pedicure)
- Great House with library and movie night events
- 5-star PADI Resort with three dive boats, full line of rental gear, and Nitrox
- Complimentary use of kayaks, stand up paddle boards, and bicycles
- Complimentary performances by Garifuna dancers, drummers, singers, and other musicians throughout the year
- Conde Nast Traveler 2014 Gold List
- Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards — Top 15 Resorts in Central & South America
- Other honorable mentions/articles: Huffington Post, CNN Travel, Travel + Leisure, The New York Times, Travel Channel, SFGate, and Caribbean Travel + Life.
- Pack for a Purpose Hotel – ask us how you can help bring donations to local communities