Itz’ana Resort, named after the Mayan god of day and night, is centrally located in Belize on the 16-mile Placencia Peninsula. With the Caribbean Sea on one side and the lagoon on the other, Itz’ana offers unspoiling luxury with access to both white sandy beach and a full service marina and dive shop. Itz’ana Resort artfully combines design, hospitality, amenities, and natural beauty that are uniquely Belize with easy access to all the country’s highlights – jungle, sea, reef, islands, Mayan ruins, and adventure. It’s the perfect retreat for anyone interested in an chic, luxurious beachfront resort outside the small village of Placencia.
Itz’ana Resort offers accommodations on both the lagoon side (marina) and the beach side of the property. On the lagoon side are 1-bedroom Solar Cottages perfect for couples in addition to 2, 3, 4, and 5-bedroom Lagoon Villas for families and larger groups. The 1,250 sq. ft. 1-bedroom Solar Cottages come with two outdoor overwater decks, mini-bar, and queen sleeper-sofa. The larger 2-to-5-bedroom Lagoon-side Villas range from 2,400 sq.ft. in the 2-bedroom option and up to 4,825 sq. ft. in the 5-bedroom option and come with a fully equipped kitchen, multiple indoor/outdoor living areas, and pools (not all). The beachfront Beach Lofts and Villas are perfect for those wanting to splurge to have the beach at their doorstep. The 1-bedroom Beach Lofts are perfect for couples while the 2-and-3-bedroom Beach Villas are a great fit for families and groups. The 1-bedroom Beach Lofts feature 1,600 sq. ft of space with kitchenette, plunge pool, outdoor tub, rainforest shower, and a pull-out couch. Both the 2-and-3-bedroom Beach Villas have a private interior pool garden with 22ft lap pool, fully equipped kitchen, living area, beachfront plunge pool (not all), and direct beach access.
While there are plenty of ocean, jungle, and adventure activities at Itz’ana’s doorstep, it’ll be hard to tear yourself away from the numerous indulgences and amenities on the the resort’s property. At the heart of Itz’ana is The Great House, a gathering place with two floors of open space that features the reception, Limilia Restaurant, indoor and outdoor dining, private dining, The Rum Room, yoga roof deck, Library Bar, and Gift Shop. Start your day with yoga on the roof deck as you watch the sunrise over the Caribbean Sea. After a poolside breakfast, head to the 18-slip marina for a quick boat ride to one of the many snorkel or dive sites within the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. For lunch, head to a powder white sandy island for a BBQ picnic and then take a nap under the shade of a palm tree. Enjoy another dive or snorkel in the afternoon or return to Itz’ana for an afternoon spa treatment or cacoa farm tour where you’ll learn to make chocolate from bean to bar. A gourmet sea-to-fork dinner awaits you at Limilia Restaurant where locally sourced ingredients and line-caught fish are artfully prepared using local Garifuna and international techniques . For an evening nightcap, sample rum from around the Caribbean with a private Rumlier-guided tasting in Itz’ana’s Rum Room.
- Located in Placencia, Belize
- Lagoon-side options range from One-bedroom Solar Cottages to Five-bedroom Villas
- Caribbean-side options range from One-bedroom Beach Lofts to Two-and-Three-bedroom Villas
- Every unit features A/C, living area, and outdoor area (deck, balcony, and/or terrace)
- All the Villas come with a fully equipped kitchen
- Larger and upgraded villas also feature indoor and outdoor showers, plunge pools, indoor private lap pools, and multiple indoor/outdoor living areas
- 150-foot beachfront pool
- Adult-only saltwater pool at the spa (lagoon side)
- Limilia Restaurant with sea-to-table dishes
- Gourmet Deli
- Private Rum Room with rum from around Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Itz’ana Spa with five treatment rooms and meditation room
- Rooftop yoga deck with sunrise yoga
- Hemingway-inspired library and bar
- Gift shop
- 18-slip full service Marina with refueling station and supplies store
- Watersports Adventure Centre offering boat tours, scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing and sunset sails
- Organic garden
- Overwater Deck with pop-up ceviche bar
- Private Island Club offers day trips with picnic lunches, sunset sailing, and overnight glamping (luxury camping)
- Pack for a Purpose Hotel – ask us how you can help bring donations to local communities