San Ignacio Resort Hotel
San Ignacio Resort Hotel
The San Ignacio Resort Hotel is one of the oldest and most revered hotels in all of Belize. Opened in 1976, it prides itself on unsurpassed levels of luxury and service – the Queen of England stayed here after all! Centrally located within walking distance of San Ignacio Town, the hotel provides a perfect balance between city life and jungle estate with 17-acres of lush rainforest along the Macal River. Plush accommodations, modern amenities, and fantastic service are reasons why this hotel has been hosting visitors for over forty years.
Featuring just 24 rooms total, the San Ignacio Resort is a perfect example of boutique luxury in Belize. From the Garden Rooms all the way up to the gorgeous Master and Royal Suites, every room offers guests views of the manicured gardens, rain forest or the river valley. Every room here features A/C, ceiling fans, flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi, telephone, hair dryers, safes, and walk-in showers. Larger upgraded rooms like the Regal Room (named after the visit by Queen Elizabeth) or Family Suite also feature additional lounging area and pull out sofas. For honeymooners and romantics, we highly recommend the Master Suite which comes with four post king bed, jacuzzi, and butler service. Families or small groups will enjoy the 2-bedroom Royal Suite with two king beds, a queen pull-out couch, private outdoor jacuzzi on the balcony, and butler service. All rooms are tastefully decorated with local art, local sustainable mahogany wood, and Belizean hardwood furniture.
There is more to love at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel besides the luxurious accommodations. With 17-acres of plush hillside rainforest within just a short walk/taxi ride to San Ignacio, no wonder the hotel’s motto is luxury at “the only jungle in town.” On site you can enjoy a gorgeous pool, lighted tennis court, or a day at the spa. For nature lovers walk along the medicinal trail tour to learn about natural remedies used by the Mayan people centuries ago and today. The San Ignacio Resort is also home to the popular Green Iguana Conservation Project. Founded in 1996 to protect the threatened green iguana, the program follows a continuous cycle of rearing the iguanas from the egg to juvenile stage. When ready and able, the program will re-release them into their natural habitat. Last but not least, when you stay here you are just a short walk from the center of San Ignacio town. Here you’ll find local culture, nightlife, and an increasing number delicious restaurants.
- Located minutes walking distance from the center of San Ignacio
- 24 rooms with A/C, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, Wi-Fi, and safe
- Larger suites with pullout beds available for families
- Breakfast included
- Swimming pool with sun chairs
- Full bar and open-air gourmet restaurant
- Lighted tennis court
- Full service spa
- Banquet and meeting rooms available
- 17-acre private property features natural fruit trees, wildlife, and beautiful views
- Home to the Green Iguana Conservation Project
- Medicinal trail on property to learn about ancient Mayan remedies
- Walking distance to town of San Ignacio for shopping & local restaurants
- Queen of England stayed here in 1994
- ‘Hotel of the Year’ by Belize Tourism Board (2016, 2015, 2012)
- Travelers’ Choice (TripAdvisor)