Located near the end of the 26-mile long Placencia Peninsula you’ll find the beautiful Turtle Inn. This exclusive, eco-luxury retreat is one of three Family Coppola Resorts found in Central America and their only beach resort. Ideal for those looking to enjoy an authentic yet luxurious retreat, the Turtle Inn combines 5-star service, fine dining, and amenities in a beautiful beachfront setting.
Francis Ford Coppola and his wife bought this property in 2001 and have grown it into one of the most popular and in demand beach hotels in Belize. This 25-room ocean front hideaway delights guests with individual thatched roof cottages and wows them with personalized service and fine dining. Each of the cottages is decorated with handcrafted Balinese furnishings and features free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, stocked mini-fridge, alarm clocks, espresso machines, private bathrooms and private outdoor showers stocked with local organic toiletries. While none of the rooms have air-conditioning, you’ll have no trouble sleeping between the thatched roof, ceiling fan and fresh Caribbean breezes. The Turtle Inn features poolside, garden, and seafront cottages that are perfect for couples and honeymooners and private two and three bedroom villas for small groups and families. For the ultimate luxurious family vacation you can rent the Francis’ Family Pavilion or the modern Sophia’s Beach House, each featuring three bedrooms, private butler, and their own private pool.
What makes the Turtle Inn so special is its unique blending of eco-friendly accommodations and first class amenities. Guests can enjoy some of Placencia’s most succulent meals at the Turtle Inn’s three restaurants serving fresh seafood, local Belizean food, and of course fine Italian food. For the winos you can taste to your heart’s content at the new “wine aquarium.” This wall-to-wall wine cellar features over 1,200 bottles of wine, including award-winning bottles from Francis Ford Coppola’s own wineries. On those hot Belizean days you can sunbathe on the white sand beach or cool off in one of two infinity pools. For an active day, enjoy their complimentary water sports or bike to Placencia where you can find shopping, great local restaurants, and friendly bars. For a pampering experience, indulge in a treatment at Sunset Spa, an open-air Balinese Rice House that specializes in Thai massage.
- Located on southern end of Placencia Peninsula close to the heart of town
- One of three Family Coppola Resorts in Central America
- 25 individual, thatched roof cottages providing the ultimate in eco-luxury
- Larger groups and families can enjoy private 2-bedroom villas
- Sophia’s Beach House and Francis’ Family Pavilion each feature 3-bedrooms and private pools
- All rooms feature Wi-Fi, outdoor rain showers, safes, espresso machines and mini-fridge
- Rooms do not have air conditioning but are cooled by Caribbean sea breezes and ceiling fans
- Two infinity pools
- Open-air Balinese style Sunset Spa
- Three restaurants and bars serving seafood, Belizean staples, and Italian cuisine
- Enjoy the new “wine aquarium” and their selection of over 1,200 bottles
- Complimentary use of beach cruiser bicycles, ocean kayaks, paddle boards, trimarans, water bikes, snorkel gear and fishing gear
- On-site PADI dive shop to enjoy snorkeling and diving at the Mesoamerican Reef
- Steps away from the white sand beach
- A short walk or bike wide away from the town of Placencia where you can find shopping, nightlife, and local restaurants
- Ranked #5 Best Hotel in Central by Travel & Leisure (2016)
- Pack for a Purpose Hotel – ask us how you can help bring donations to local communities