Cala Luna is an upscale, boutique hotel that sits just outside the main strip of Tamarindo. It’s location offers guests the best of both worlds – privacy and seclusion with easy access to one of the biggest beach towns in Costa Rica. Located just steps away from Playa Langosta and minutes from Playa Tamarindo, Cala Luna offers tranquility within close proximity to restaurants, nightlife, and day tours. With it’s laid-back, chic vibe and year around sunshine, Cala Luna is the perfect place for families with children, couples, or friends looking for a boutique experience in Tamarindo.
Each of the 20 spacious, 170 sq.ft. Deluxe Rooms are expertly designed and decorated with an ‘eco-chic’ feel, incorporating local art and beach décor with modern amenities to create a relaxed vibe. Each Deluxe Room is furnished with a king bed or two full size beds, A/C, cable TV, Wi-Fi, ceiling fan, safe, and a covered terrace surrounded by lush gardens. The upgraded Suites for adults only are slightly (203 sq.ft.) larger than the Deluxe Rooms, come with a king bed and double shower. For larger parties, Cala Luna also offers twelve 2-bedroom and three 3-bedroom luxury private villas. These 1,350 and 1,800 sq.ft. villas, respectively, provide ample space for everyone to spread out. All villas are fully furnished with A/C, cable TV, safe, a fully equipped kitchen, living area, dining area, and a private backyard patio complete with a free-form pool.
There are two restaurant options on the property and both are on either side of the main pool. The elegant Cala Moresca offers a variety of local and international dishes created from local, organic ingredients while the more laid back La Caletta Lounge & Bar offers light lunches, artistic snacks, and cocktail concoctions poolside. Grab one (or two) of these delicious drink blends and lounge around the pool gazebos with the monkeys. Before heading to the beach or pool for the day, treat yourself to a morning yoga session or a treatment at their open-air spa. At sunset be sure to walk down their private path to Playa Langosta for sunset cocktails while taking in one of the best sunsets Costa Rica has to offer.
- Located in Tamarindo in front of Playa Langosta
- 20 Deluxe Rooms, 8 Suites (adults-only) and 15 Villas (2 and 3-bedroom)
- All rooms/villas come with A/C, ceiling fans, cable TV, Wi-Fi, minibar, safe, and coffee maker
- All villas have fully equipped kitchen, living room, and private patio with pool
- Breakfast included
- Large free-form pool with drink service
- Two restaurants – Cala Moresca and La Caletta Lounge & Bar
- Open air spa and yoga center on property with
- Complimentary bikes for getting to/from town
- Complimentary yoga three days per week
- Complimentary sunset cocktails on the beach
- Cooking classes available
- Within walking distance to beginner and advanced surf breaks
- Within walking distance to the popular beach town of Tamarindo
- Located 15-20 minutes away from two 18-hole golf courses
- Located just over an hour from Liberia International Airport
- Pack for a Purpose Hotel – ask us how you can help bring donations to local communities