El Establo Mountain Hotel is nestled in the misty Tilaran Mountain Range on the outskirts of two famous parks, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve (4 km) and Santa Elena Rain Forest (7 km). Once a 150-acre cattle farm, this half Costa Rican, half Quaker family-owned hotel is one of the most upscale mini-resorts in Monteverde. El Establo is one of the first and only hotels in Monteverde to offer guests not one, but two heated pools, two restaurants, a full service spa, on site nature hikes, and various athletic courts (tennis, basketball, and soccer). Combine their vast array of amenities with their close proximity to some of the most biodiverse nature reserves in Costa Rica (and the world), and you have the perfect Monteverde hotel for any nature lover.
There are 155 rooms at El Establo consisting of Deluxe Rooms, Suites, and Honeymoon Suites. Every room features a balcony or terrace, orthopedic mattresses, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, minibar, A/C, and safe. The Deluxe Rooms come with two queen beds while the upgraded Junior Suites have a king bed and private balcony with sunset views of the Gulf of Nicoya. The larger Suites consist of two floors with two bedrooms – a loft with a queen bed and a downstairs king bed with private balcony. The romantic Honeymoon Suite has a large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and shower as well as a private balcony.
With 150-acres of rolling, misty hillside, there’s plenty to do at El Establo when you’re not out exploring and adventuring in the cloud forest. There are two on site tours every El Establo guest should do – the Tree Top canopy zip-line tour with 16 cables and a tarzan swing as well as and a guided nature Night Walk to see all of the nocturnal creatures. For those travelers that need to release any tension after trekking through the cloud forest, head to the Green Leaf Spa for a deep-tissue or aromatherapy massage. Two indoor heated pools are the perfect retreat at the end of a busy day. For dinner, head to the fine dining restaurant, Laggus, which opens daily at 4pm. While visiting El Establo, make sure to partake in the many activities of the region, including the hanging bridges, coffee tours, cheese making tours, butterfly gardens, canopy zip-lining, world famous birding, horseback riding, off road ATVs, and waterfall hikes.
- Located 4km from the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- 155 rooms ranging from Deluxe Rooms, Suites and Honeymoon Suites
- Each room features satellite TV, Wi-Fi, minibar, A/C, and safe
- Buffet breakfast included
- Tennis, basketball, and soccer courts
- Two indoor heated swimming pools
- Green Leaf Spa offers head to toe treatments
- Conference Center
- Las Riendas restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Laggus restaurant opens for dinner as a fine-dining option
- Tree Top canopy zip-line and Night Walk tours available on site (additional cost)
- Located 10-minute walk from Monteverde Butterfly Gardens