Evergreen Lodge’s cozy bungalows are the perfect retreat in the middle of Tortuguero, a nature lover’s paradise. Tortuguero is well known as one of the best locations in Costa Rica for turtle nesting (hawksbill, green sea, and leatherback) as well as bird watching and fishing. Evergreen Lodge is the perfect option for any traveler looking for an off-the-beaten-path, nature rich experience in moderate but comfortable rooms just outside Tortuguero National Park.
To arrive to the lodge, Evergreen will pick you up from your San Jose hotel early in the morning (otherwise you will meet Evergreen in Guapiles). A typical Costa Rican breakfast is provided in route as well as a first encounter of the canal system via boat ride to the lodge. You will be greeted with a refreshing tropical drink, cool towel, and buffet lunch. Included with your stay at Evergreen Lodge is a mini-tour of Tortuguero’s town, the Turtle Museum, water canals, and a guided tour of Tortuguero National Park. The national park is 47,000-acre and is where many of Costa Rica’s anticipated hosts call home: monkeys, sloth, crocodiles, caiman, over 300 species of birds, snakes, river turtles, frogs, otters, manatee and jaguar to name a few.
- Located in the northeast corner of Costa Rica, 5 minutes from Tortuguero National Park
- 55 rooms
- Each room features king bed or two full beds, ceiling fan, safe, and bathroom with hot shower (No A/C nor TV)
- Three buffet-style meals included
- Large swimming pool
- Full service spa
- Bar with occasional live music throughout the week
- Must boat or fly into Tortuguero (boat transfers included)
- Wi-Fi at reception only
- Turtle nesting and hatching tours available (additional cost)
- Complimentary stop at banana processing plant in route to Tortuguero (subject to availability, timing, and group size)