Grano de Oro
Grano de Oro
Located in the heart of downtown San Jose is a Victorian mansion turned boutique hotel, Grano de Oro. This top rated hotel features 5-star service, comfortable and high-end furnishing, and one of the top restaurants in San Jose. It’s the perfect hotel for a first or last night stay in the capital and only a 15-minute drive to San Jose’s international airport (SJO).
Grano de Oro has 40 rooms ranging from the price-competitive Standard Rooms to the luxurious Vista de Oro Suite. There are also more spacious 2-bedroom options for small groups or families. Every room comes with Simmons Beautyrest pillowtop mattresses, bath robes, minibar, safe, cable TV, A/C, free Wi-Fi, and open air windows to enjoy the cool breezes of the Central Valley.
A stay at Grano de Oro is not complete without dining in their famous restaurant. The French chef merges Costa Rican influence with European cuisine to create noteworthy dishes, making it one of the most popular restaurants in the country. After dining at the onsite restaurant, there’s no better way to unwind than relaxing in the two rooftop Jacuzzis. If you plan to be in the city longer than an overnight stay, there are various museums in San Jose like the popular Jade Museum. Other day trips include world-famous whitewater rafting, coffee plantation tours, La Paz Waterfalls, and Poas Volcano.
- Located downtown San Jose, 15-minutes from San Jose airport (SJO)
- 40 rooms ranging from Standard Rooms to the Vista de Oro Suite
- Each room features a minibar, TV, free Wi-Fi, A/C, and in room safe
- Two rooftop Jacuzzis
- One of the top restaurants in San Jose and the country
- Spa services available
- Gift shop & business center
- Cayuga Property
- Small Distinctive Hotels of Costa Rica
- World’s Best Award by Travel+Leisure
- Reader’s Choice Award by Conde Nast Traveler
- Located near national stadium, national theatre, Pre-Columbian Gold Museum, Jade Museum, Poas Volcano, Lankester Botanical Gardens, La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Pacuare River, and coffee plantations