The sleek, elegant Kura Design Villas is an adults-only exclusive, eco-boutique hotel set in the hillside overlooking the famous whale’s tale of Marino Ballena National Park, Uvita. It is the #1 hotel in Playa Uvita (TripAdvisor) and a romantic, seductive retreat for couples celebrating honeymoons, anniversaries, or just alone-time together.
There are only six villas at Kura and each is eloquently and romantically designed for a naturally chic ambiance. Natural interiors of slate, bamboo ceilings, teak shutters, and local wood décor are complemented with floor to ceiling glass doors leading out to a private terrace complete with seating and ocean views. Every villa features king bed with 400-thread count, organic cotton sheets, A/C, double rain shower with ocean views, covered terrace with glass veranda, Wi-Fi, minibar with wine cellar, espresso coffee machine, safe, and binoculars. Breakfast is included with your stay.
An unparalleled view that seamlessly blends with the skyline from the saltwater infinity pool will undoubtedly be a focal point of your stay. Enjoy a refreshing cocktail or artisanal beer from Diablitos Bar while receiving a foot massage in front of nightly, sunset shows that poetically sink under the infinity pool skyline. During the day, jump into the 62 ft. salt-water infinity pool complete with underwater sound system and fire pit! For those looking to indulge in wellness, an open-air spa, Spa Sha, offers anything from couple’s massages, wraps and scrubs to manicures and pedicures. The Restaurant serves farm-to-table, organic and locally sourced produce to create typical and Costa Rican fusion cuisine. Enjoy a romantic dinner with your partner on the sky lounge, offering a 360-view of jungle and ocean, perfect for celebrating a special occasion.
Tours available from Kura Design Villas: Corcovado National Park hike, snorkeling/diving Cano Island, Terraba-Sierpe Mangroves, Manuel Antonio National Park wildlife and beach day, Ballena National Marine Park for Humpback Whale watching during migration, dolphin watching, waterfall hikes, surfing, birdwatching, and beach exploration.
- Located on Uvita’s hillside overlooking Marino Ballena National Park
- Only 6 luxurious, seductive villas
- Every villa has king bed, A/C, Wi-Fi, private terrace with seating and hammock, minibar, safe, and espresso coffee machine
- Breakfast included
- One of the best infinity pools in Costa Rica complete with underwater sound system
- Restaurant serving farm-to-table cuisine
- Diablitos poolside bar
- Full service Spa Shà
- Complimentary shuttle service available to the beach
- Sustainable hotel utilizing solar panels for energy production and recycled rainwater
- Cayuga property
- “The most glamorous, romantic resort in Costa Rica” by Forbes
- Mentioned by Conde Nast, Travel+Leisure, and CNN
- Near Corcovado National Park and Cano Island