The Manatus Hotel offers a welcoming touch of luxury in one of the most remote, nature-intense corners of Costa Rica, Tortuguero. Located in Costa Rica’s northeast Caribbean Coast, Tortuguero is a small town of about 1,000 people and is best known for its turtle nesting sites (season is July – October). This unique, exotic stretch of national park contains 11 ecological habitats and is a paradise for nature enthusiasts, birders, and anglers alike. Manatus Hotel is the perfect fit for families or couples interested in an off-the-beaten path, nature experience without sacrificing modern luxuries and specialized service.
The boat trip to arrive at Manatus is just a short glimpse of the exotic, lush habitat that awaits. Along the canals, keep a watchful eye for over 300 species of birds, monkeys, sloths, crocodile, caiman, tree frogs, jaguars, and manatees. Sign up for a guided visit of Tortuguero National Park to watch sea turtles climb up the beach to lay eggs or to watch the egg hatching. Turtle nesting and turtle hatching spectacles are both highly recommended and much anticipated events in Tortuguero National Park.
- Located just outside Tortuguero National Park
- 12 private cabins offer the most luxurious accommodations in Tortuguero
- Every room is furnished with ceiling fans, two queen beds, A/C, minibar, cable TV, bathroom, and outdoor area with shower
- All a la carte meals included
- Fresh water pool with drink service
- Full service spa
- Small fitness room
- Complimentary use of kayaks
- Rainforest Alliance verified
- Must fly or boat into Tortuguero, no roads or cars into Tortuguero
- Breakfast stop in route from San Jose to Tortuguero (ground/boat transfers)
- Lunch stop in route from Tortuguero to San Jose (ground/boat transfers)
- Tortuguero Canal tour and Tortuguero Village tour included
- Turtle nesting (cash only) and turtle hatching booked separately (additional cost)