Overlooking Islita Beach in the Nicoya Peninsula sits a secluded, luxury escape – Hotel Punta Islita. This upscale eco-boutique resort sits on 300-acres of tropical dry forest and beachfront. Punta Islita has been awarded for its excellence in service and amenities by names such as Conde Nast and Travel+Leisure while their unwavering sustainability practices have been recognized with the maximum Five-Leaf Sustainability Rating from CST. With its upscale amenities and attentive service, Hotel Punta Islita is a wonderful option for couples that wish to completely unplug or families that would like an off-the-beaten-path destination with plentiful cultural immersion opportunities.
Hotel Punta Islita has 32 rooms and 25 private villas situated on the hillside overlooking Islita Beach. The décor is a playful blend of Costa Rican aesthetic traditions and colorful, local art pieces. There are four different room categories – Standard, Deluxe, Junior Suites and Casitas. Each category features satellite LCD TVs, minibar, Wi-Fi, A/C, ceiling fan, safe, and private terrace with hammock – perfect for taking in the ocean views. Upgraded Junior Suites also feature a private outdoor whirlpool while the Casitas offer a refreshing plunge pool. An a la carte breakfast is included with your stay.
There are plentiful opportunities in and around the 300-acre property to relax, unwind, adventure, and explore! To start the day off right, enjoy breakfast in the stylish yet casual Pacifico Restaurant, where one of the best ocean views pairs perfectly with local culinary specialties. Alongside the Pacifico Restaurant is an adults-only, infinity edge pool, whose water merges with the ocean horizon creating a vibrant reflection of colors during nightly sunset shows. While at the infinity pool, enjoy a signature cocktail or glass of wine at Harry’s Bar, ranked among the world’s best views at a pool bar. Down off the beach sits Los Cocos Beach Club offering a free-form pool for families. Los Cocos Restaurant sits adjacent to the pool and serves beachside snacks, classic crowd-favorites, and freshly caught seafood dishes. For those looking for a day (or two) of wellness opportunities, Casa Spa offers an ample selection of tropical treatments including massages, aromatherapies, scrubs, and wraps. Included with your stay at no additional cost are an array of tour activities ranging from eco-adventure and wildlife trips to culture and cooking/mixology classes. For the vacationing athlete, Punta Islita also offers a 9-hole golf course with driving and short game clinics as well as pick-up soccer matches with locals, pilates and yoga sessions, and two tennis courts.
- Located in the Nicoya Peninsula on a 300-acre private reserve
- 32 rooms – Standard, Deluxe, Junior Suites and Casitas – and 25 villas
- Each room features a private terrace with hammock overlooking the ocean, satellite LCD TV, minibar, Wi-Fi, A/C, ceiling fan, and safe
- Suites have a private outdoor whirlpool and Casitas a private outdoor plunge pool
- A la carte breakfast included
- Los Cocos Beach Club has a family pool and snack food
- Adults-only, infinity edge pool with swim-up bar
- Pacifico Restaurant serves typical Costa Rican dishes with flair
- The Casa Spa offers massages, facials, and wraps
- 9-hole golf course
- Two tennis courts
- Complimentary tours as part of the “Limitless Fun” collection (excluding peak holiday dates)
- Level 5 CST certification (Certificate for Sustainable Tourism)
- Awarded by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel+Leisure, HSMAI/National Geographic Traveler, World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)