Tabacon Thermal Resort
Tabacon Thermal Resort
Tabacon Resort, a member of The Leading Hotels and The Leading Spas of the World, has rightfully earned countless awards for their world famous, natural hot springs. Tabacon was the first established resort in La Fortuna and continues to be one of the top experiences in the region. Undoubtedly, the highlight of a stay at Tabacon Resort is unlimited access to their gorgeous mineral hot springs. The hotel’s room categories range from moderate to luxurious, making it the ideal hotel for every traveler – adults, couples, and families with children.
The Tabacon Grand Spa and Thermal Resort has just over one hundred rooms with nine different room categories. All the rooms feature Wi-Fi, cable TV, DVD player, A/C, safe, coffee maker, minibar, and large bathroom with hairdryer, and plush bath robes. Guests can dine at three different restaurants, including a buffet restaurant offering international themed dinners rotating throughout the week. Tabacon has a state of the art gym and a highly awarded Grand Spa that sits among tropical gardens and surrounded by lush hot spring pools. A large cool watered pool at the entrance of the hot spring area features a waterslide on one end and the Ave de Paraiso swim-up bar on the other end.
Tabacon’s unparalleled hot springs are the perfect experience for honeymoons, romantic getaways, and spa retreats. Its expansive 350 hectares property offers winding paths through lush gardens to cascading waterfalls and private mineral spring pools. These thermal pools range in temperatures from 77 degrees to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. The 100% mineral water is derived from five different springs, three of which are thermal springs heated naturally by the volcano’s magma and, unlike neighboring hotels, the water is not recirculated or reheated. Another distinguishing feature of Tabacon’s hot springs is its low sulfur content, which means no strong odors. Tabacon’s heated mineral waters are soothing therapy for sore muscles, have wonderful skin benefits, and are an enjoyable experience for everyone.
- Located just 8 km from La Fortuna
- 102 rooms total between 9 room categories
- Each room is equipped with A/C, Wi-Fi, TV with DVD player, minibar, and safe
- Deluxe bathroom amenities and bathrobes
- Expansive buffet breakfast included
- Large pool with swim-up bar and waterslide
- Thermal mineral hot springs surrounded by tropical gardens
- Six adult-only hot spring pools in the Shangri La Gardens
- Three restaurants on property
- Full service Grand Spa
- Modern gym with free weights and cardio equipment
- Complimentary access to the world famous Tabacon Hot Springs
- Level 4 CST certification (Certificate for Sustainable Tourism)
- Travel+Leisure Hotel
- Member of Leading Hotels of the World
- Member of Leading Spas of the World