Villas Nicolas is a hidden gem tucked into the Manuel Antonio rainforest with ocean views throughout the property. With just 19 rooms total this “refreshingly unique”, boutique hotel has managed to remain a quiet, secret retreat since its introduction roughly twenty years ago. This authentic, cozy escape is an ideal choice for families with older children (12 years and older), couples, or small groups of friends looking for a value accommodation in the heart of Manuel Antonio.
All 19 rooms are private, one-bedroom villas and come furnished with A/C, ceiling fans, free Wi-Fi, minibar, and large bathroom. As the room categories ascend, the villas become larger and more amenities are featured such as full kitchens, split level open floor plans, private decks, hammocks, and better ocean views. Most rooms are furnished with one queen bed while a select few feature a second queen bed or twin bed. Don’t expect to stay at Villas Nicolas and catch up on the latest TV series, as TVs are not available in your room. Instead, take-in the sights and sounds of monkeys, birds, and tree frogs or enjoy a book by the pool with a drink. For families or small groups, create a two-bedroom villa by adjoining an upper and lower unit, each with their own entrance separated only by an outside staircase. A typical Costa Rican breakfast is included with the nightly rate.
On the property there is a small restaurant open for breakfast and dinner. If you’re up for cooking on vacation, make the most of your budget by preparing lunch and/or dinner in your villa. Otherwise, there is an abundance of restaurant options in Manuel Antonio within walking distance of the hotel. With the tropical rain forest surrounding the property, visits from local wildlife like hummingbirds, butterflies, sloths, and three types of monkeys are sure to occur.
- Located in Manuel Antonio
- 19 private one-bedroom villas
- Minimum age 12 years
- Each villa equipped with A/C, fan, Wi-Fi, private bathroom, and ocean views
- Top level rooms feature full kitchen, split level room, and large deck with hammock
- Rooms can be combined to form a two-bedroom villa
- Breakfast included
- Large pool with sun chairs
- On site restaurant and bar open for dinner
- Beautiful manicured gardens and lush rain forest support amazing wildlife
- Walking distance to shopping and restaurants
- Minutes away from Manuel Antonio National Park
- Minutes from new Marina Pez Vela