Casa Vieja Lodge
Casa Vieja Lodge
Along Guatemala’s Pacific Coast you’ll find one of the most popular and most productive fishing lodges in Central America. The famous Casa Vieja Lodge is an angler’s paradise as it provides its guests with 5-star accommodations and food, all inclusive packages with all meals and drinks included, and of course some of the best billfishing in the world. Come see for yourself why the Casa Vieja Lodge is the crown jewel in the ‘sailfish capital of the world.’
Located just 1.5 hours from the Guatemala International Airport, the Casa Vieja Lodge is both easy to get to and hard to leave. Originally built 20 years ago as a private retreat for one of Guatemala’s prominent families, the lodge was purchased at the turn of the century and underwent extensive renovations to turn it into the 5-star lodge it is today. Today’s Casa Vieja Lodge consists of 19 luxury cabins, each equipped with air conditioning, luxury bed linens, toiletries, hair dryer, a large in-room safe, and a private bathroom. The rooms will have either a king bed or two queen beds. Rooms do not come equipped with televisions but there are three big screen TVs at the bar.
From the moment guests are greeted with a welcome cocktail as they approach the impressive entrance to the main lodge it’s clear this is a well run, organized luxury fishing resort. The dedicated staff provides for all your needs from the wait staff to the bar to the impeccable groundskeepers. Enjoy gourmet dining at Cafe Pez Vela each morning, have lunch on the boat if you get a break between sailfish bites, and then come back and enjoy a few cocktails and share stories at the bar where all your drinks are included. You’ll end your day with a four course meal at the open air Rancho Restaurant. Cool off after a long day of fishing with a dip (and a cocktail) in the huge pool just steps from your room. If you feel the sailfish are winning the battle or if you ate too much the night before you can hit the gym for a tune up. It’s no problem to stay in touch with home or with work as the main rancho offers free Wi-Fi and a business center with a computer and printer.
Ultimately you are coming to the Casa Vieja Lodge to fish, and fish you shall. The fleet of nine boats is the largest on Guatemala’s Pacific Coast, and more importantly the most productive with an average of 15 releases per day, per boat. You can search the entire world and you won’t find billfish numbers like that. The billfishing in Guatemala is so consistently productive from October through July that this is also one of the top destinations for fly anglers hoping to land a billfish on a fly rod. From 35’ center consoles to 40’ yachts with A/C, we’ll find the perfect boat for your group and your budget. In addition to sailfish and marlin, offshore anglers can also encounter dorado, yellow-fin tuna, and the occasional wahoo. Inshore fishing can produce cubera snapper, roosterfish, mackerel, and jacks.
- Located just 90 minutes from the Guatemala International Airport
- All inclusive accommodations include all meals and alcoholic drinks
- 19 rooms feature air conditioning, in-room safes, and luxury linens & toiletries
- Rooms come equipped with king bed or two queen beds
- Free Wi-Fi and three big screen TVs in the main hall
- Open-air Rancho serves gourmet four course dinner each night
- Fleet of 9 boats is the finest on Guatemala’s Pacific Coast
- Boats range from 35’ center consoles to 40’ yachts with air conditioned salons
- Amazing record of averaging 15 billfish releases per day, per boat
- One of the best places in the world to fly fish for billfish
- After a long day of fishing cool off in the freshwater pool and enjoy bar service
- Full gym to revitalize yourself so you can keep up with the billfish
- Leaders in conservation and partners with our friends at The Billfish Foundation
- Located just 45 minutes away from colonial town of Antigua for day tours & golf