In the Guatemalan rainforest high above the shores of Lago Petén Itzá you’ll find La Lancha, one of the finest luxury boutique lodges in Central America. La Lancha is one of three Family Coppola Resorts in Central America and the only one in Guatemala. Set on the shores of the magical Lake Peten Itza, La Lancha offers it’s guests a tranquil setting and easy access to one of the greatest ancient Mayan capitals, Tikal.
With its sister hotel in Belize up and running, the Blancaneaux Lodge,the Coppola family traveled west into Guatemala in 2003 in search of a property that would be closer to the famous Mayan ruins of Tikal. They came across La Lancha and immediately fell for its rustic charm, proximity to Tikal and the city of Flores, and its gorgeous lakeshore setting. After a serious makeover and intense landscaping they’ve created a 10-room masterpiece that celebrates local Guatemalan culture and natural beauty. Each of the casitas and suites are decorated with furniture, fabrics, and carvings from Guatemala personally selected by the Coppola family. In addition every room comes with Wi-Fi, air conditioning, in-room safe, hair dryer, stocked mini-fridge, espresso machine, private deck with hammock, and private bathrooms with local organic toiletries. The Rainforest Junior Suites are great for couples seeking added privacy and romance with king beds and dual showers while the Lakeview Suites offer the best views on the property and are great for couples or larger families extra beds can be added to the living room.
Guests at La Lancha can enjoy a full day of relaxing, swimming, and exploring via canoe on Lake Peten Itza, Guatemala’s second largest lake. On the property you can also enjoy horseback riding through a local farm or birding tours. La Lancha is also perfectly situated in Guatemala to enjoy a variety of adventure tours like zip-lining, Mayan ruin tours to Tikal, helicopter tours to other Maya sites (seasonal), and even bass fishing on the lake. For those looking to experience more local culture guided tours to the beautiful colonial village of Flores, nature tours, and even Spanish language and cooking classes are available. When you are hungry head to the open air, thatched roof Main Lodge and enjoy delicious Guatemalan cuisine and stunning lake views.
- Located 45 minutes from Tikal and 60 minutes from the Belizean border
- Located on the shore of Lago Peten Itza, the second biggest lake in Guatemala
- One of three Family Coppola Resorts in Central America
- 10 individual casitas and suites each decorated in local Guatemalan art
- Rainforest Junior Suites offer the most privacy and romance for couples
- Larger groups and families can enjoy the Lakeview Suites which can sleep five
- All rooms feature private baths, safes, mini-fridge, and espresso machines
- All rooms feature A/C and Wi-Fi
- Fresh water pool with lake views and bar service
- Use the dock, swimming, and complimentary canoes to explore Lake Peten Itza
- Enjoy delicious Guatemalan food in the open air restaurant at the Main Lodge
- Horseback riding and birding are available on the property
- Adventure and cultural tours like zip-lining, Mayan ruins, and Flores city tour