Located in the heart of the animated town of Casco Viejo is one of Panama City’s best rated boutique hotels and restaurants, Las Clementinas. This 1930s former apartment building, owned by the family of Sra. Clementina Herrera, has been delicately renovated to preserve its original charm and detail without sacrificing modern comforts. Las Clementinas has quickly gained popularity due to its exceptional personalized service, intimate yet comfortable accommodations, and top rated dining. It’s the perfect fit for couples or families looking for a luxury, boutique experience in the trendy and historic Casco Viejo.
Las Clementinas has nine rooms comprised of six Chambers and three Standard Rooms. Each Chamber is a mini-apartment with queen bed, kitchenette, a small living and dining area, sofa bed, wrap around balcony, Wi-Fi, satellite TV, A/C, safe and 24-hour concierge service. The three additional rooms are smaller and more simple, while equally decorated and come with a queen bed or two full beds. Careful renovation and attention to detail is seen throughout the hotel, including hand-painted tiles from Columbia to simulate the original tiles painted by Sra. Clementina. Heirlooms acquired from local aristocratic families decorate the rooms while reclaimed beams from old US Army barracks on the Caribbean side of the Canal were hand-crafted in their local shop into furnishings seen around the hotel.
One of the main highlights of staying at Las Clementinas is dining in their cafe and bistro. It has been named one of the best restaurants in all Panama City and offers intimate dining in their small café or in their private garden, where fresh ingredients are harvested for dishes and drinks. Make sure to enjoy drinks on the rooftop terrace while watching the sunset over the Panama City skyline.
- Located in the heart of Casco Viejo, Panama City
- 9 rooms total – 6 Chambers and 3 smaller, Standard rooms
- Every room comes with A/C, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, and safe
- Each Chamber has a fully equipped kitchen and living area with sofa bed
- Home to one of the top restaurants in Panama City
- In-room spa treatments available upon request
- Rooftop terrace
- Garden patio area for sitting/dining
- UNESCO heritage site
- *No elevator at the hotel and every room requires some stairs
- Top rated hotel and top rated restaurant in Casco Viejo (TripAdvisor)
- Mentioned by Travel+Leisure, Conde Nast, Forbes Life, Vanity Fair