San Blas Sailing
San Blas Sailing
One of our most unique and exotic vacation experiences will have you aboard an all-inclusive yacht, sailing through turquoise waters of the pristine San Blas Islands off Panama’s Caribbean Coast. Along with a stretch of coastal mountains and rainforest, the San Blas Islands are part of the autonomous region given to the Kuna indigenous people in 1938. Of the 365 islands, roughly 10% are occupied by the Kuna people. Since the Kuna do not allow SCUBA diving in the San Blas Islands and the only hotels are family run ecolodges, the vast majority of the islands remain untouched and pristine as they have been for centuries. San Blas Sailing will take you on a journey to these remote islands for an unforgettable Panama vacation.
A sailing vacation around San Blas Islands is far from roughing it! A bilingual crew will handle the boat (unless you’d like to learn a thing or to yourself) and cater to all your needs. Everything is included with your stay aboard – meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks (wine, beer, rum), and even water activities like fishing and snorkel gear. The fleet of ten boats ranges from 44’ monohull sailboats to the more popular 40’-60’ catamarans. So whether it’s a group of friends, a family getaway or a romantic retreat, the San Blas Islands are sure to leave you breathless. While all boats provide clean, comfortable private quarters and bathrooms, the larger more luxurious boats also provide amenities like A/C, flat screen TVs and private bathrooms. Food is something that the San Blas Sailing company takes seriously so chances are you won’t lose weight on this trip. Alcoholic beverages and fresh produce are flown in from Panama City but most meals consist of freshly caught seafood such as fish, lobster, and giant crab famous to the region. Your time in the San Blas Islands can be as short as three nights or as long as three weeks!
It’s important to remember that this is your vacation after all, not a trans-Atlantic yacht race, so your days will be as relaxing or adventurous as you desire. Most days consist of just 1-3 hours of sailing, but if you want more and the winds are right you can certainly ask your captain. This is a great opportunity for newcomers to learn the basics of sailing or for experienced helmsmen to navigate the boat themselves under the watchful eye of your captain. When you are moored at the islands after sailing you can enjoy some of the best snorkeling in Panama, fish (or spearfish) for dinner, dive for lobster, kayak, or just relax on one of the hundreds of remote white sand beaches. At the end of the day enjoy, a fresh seafood dinner, share stories, and enjoy the stars as you rarely get to see them shine like this!
- Located in San Blas
- Fleet of ten boats ranging from 45’ monohulls to 40’-60’ catamarans
- All boats staffed with experienced, bilingual crews to cater to all your needs
- All boats provide clean and comfortable sleeping quarters and bathrooms
- Larger more luxurious catamarans provide A/C, TVs, DVD players and private bathrooms.
- All inclusive with meals (heavily seafood based) South American wine, local beer and rum
- Water sports like kayaking, snorkeling gear, and fishing equipment included
- Trips can be customized from three nights to three weeks
- Help catch dinner by diving for lobster or catching fresh fish on the reef
- Learn to sail or navigate on your own with the guidance of your captain
- Dec-April the trade winds blow and is the best time for sailing
- May-October the winds are weaker but the water is clearer for snorkeling and spearfishing
- Enjoy one of the most unique ways to vacation in Panama as your private yacht serves as a floating hotel for the week